Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Palace and Castle

Just to start off i can see why the royalty of Germany has always had their summer homes here! This is by far the most beautiful place Ive been! EVER! I was awestruck by the first palace and grounds there... It was truly amazing and grand and huge!

There is nothing to talk about here, you just have to come here and walk the grounds to experience everything! Sanssouci Schloß was the summer get away for the royal Hohenzollern family for many years. I can't explain everything this place does for your body and mind... I would like to live here for the rest of my life... thats all there is to it.
















































After that amazing place we went to one of my favorite buildings, a small castle!!! I have never been to one but this one caught my eye on the inside! I was actually half unrestored and mostly original on the outside, it had that old feel of castle that somehow invited you into it. It was small enough to be charming and not to extravagant like Sanssouci was. This place had a hell of a grounds too! We got off on the wrong bus stop and ended up walking up and down these bike trails twisting and winding through the woods and catching a glimpse of the castle tower from a far many times, and each time we saw it is was in a new direction, giving us the feeling that we weren't any closer than before. But when we got there i think it was worth the hike to get there!









No comments:

Post a Comment